The school Counseling Office wants every Senior to be aware of the final requirements for graduation and the steps students will need to take in order to begin the college application process.
If you missed the summer sessions, the information presented can be viewed here:
Release of Records Form – Parent Signature Required
In order to provide this necessary information, we will be holding Senior Meetings to be held on the following dates:
Wednesday, July 20 8am – 10am
Wednesday, August 10 8am – 10am
We believe it is imperative that Seniors and their parents understand:
- Maryland State Requirements for a Diploma
- The Senior Contract – which outlines what a student still needs to complete to meet those requirements
- Naviance/FamilyConnection and how to link to the Common Application
- How to request Transcripts for college application processing
- Diploma Name Verification – to make sure that your name is spelled correctly on the diploma
It is MANDATORY for all Seniors and their parents to attend ONE of these sessions. Parent signatures will be REQUIRED at the meeting.
In September, those students who were not able to attend a summer session will be called to meet with their school counselor to get materials to take home for parent signatures. If these documents don’t make it home before the end of October, please contact the Counseling Office.
PARENT SIGNATURE REQUIRED ON SENIOR CONTRACTS