Providing students with an opportunity to report, write and edit stories, take photographs or create cartoons for publication.
The Current is a classroom based program, taken for credit, over the full year or for one semester only, and is open to students in grades 10, 11 and 12. There is also a club group which meets during NEST on a weekly basis and freelance submissions are accepted for publication review.
Members develop skills and learn techniques to:
- write in a journalistic style
- edit story submissions
- build page designs for print and web publication
- create photos and cartoons to illustrate story highlights
- develop business management skills through advertising sales
- meet hard deadlines
- produce a body of work for a personal portfolio
For information, see Ms Crankfield or email email@example.com.